Board Minutes

Fox Hill Homeowners' Association

www.foxhillhomeowners.com
Olympia, Washington

Hawk near Fox Ridge Lane, January 2012
Home About Fox Hill Covenants  Bylaws Officers Newsletter Fox Hill Events Weeds




2014-5 Board of Directors
Fox Hill Homeowner’s Association
Officers Meeting
Minutes by Dana Townsend, Secretary
Feb. 5, 2015

Meeting attendance: President, Larry Ganders; Vice President, Bill Hanson; Director, Kelly Gregerson; and Secretary, Dana Townsend.

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. Ybarra Family Assistance  The Board discussed Sonya’s current medical condition and what, if anything, the Board and/or HOA could do to assist the Ybarra’s family at this time. Kelly suggested yard word around their house when weather permits. Dana will also ask Mitch if there’s anything he’d like assistance with and report back to the Board.

2. Performing Interim Treasurer duties

 a. Given Sonya’s current medical condition and the long road to recovery she has ahead of her, the Board decided to divide up the Treasurer’s duties until a new Treasurer is voted in at the March 5, HOA Annual Meeting.

b. Larry and Dana updated Bill and Kelly on status of the HOA accounts at Anchor Bank. Jeff Pantier, Larry, and Dana are all current signers on the account. Going forward a past Association President will need to maintain their signature on the Bank account.

 c. Larry reported the progress of homeowners that have paid their dues to date. Checks for 17 lots have been received and deposited.

d. Larry handed out extra keys to the P O Box for the HOA. There are now (3) Board Members who have access to the P O Box which is housed at the Mail Post.

e. Larry will provide Dana with current HOA invoices that are due and Dana will get those paid as soon as possible.

f. Larry will research the Gate Controller’s so we can get (12) gate remotes ordered ASAP.

g. Dana will ask Mitch if he knows where the neighborhood Mailbox Keys are. Sonya provided mailbox keys to new neighbors once moved in. h. Going forward all Board members will be cross-trained in each other’s various duties and responsibilities.

3. 2015 Fox Hill Budget Review  The Board members went through the actual/forecasted budget Sonya provided us with in October. After a thorough review, all accounts appear to be in good order. Dana will modify some category descriptions and provide an updated budget to the Homeowners at the March 5 meeting.

4. March 5 HOA Meeting – Promotion  It will be very important that we have as many neighbors in attendance at the March 5, Annual Meeting as possible. Without a 60% presence of Homeowners (a quorum) to vote on the new Board of Directors and Budget, the meeting can be declared adjourned without any results. Homeowners may provide a Proxy vote which counts towards the quorum if they’re unable to attend in person. All Board members will talk to their neighbors and obtain any Proxy votes for those unable to attend the March 5 meeting.

5. Fox Hill Construction Status  Larry updated the Board with the information on Todd Hanson’s lots. 

6. Fox Hill Signage at Front Gate  The Board decided to add this to the Annual HOA Meeting agenda to get a vote on how many neighbors would like to have signage at the front gate once Hanson has completed his construction.

 7. Nominating Committee  The Board discussed possible candidates for the Board of Directors vacancies. It was decided that to assist with the nomination process, Dana would be appointed to nominate a slate of board members as provided by the bylaws. At the time of the Annual Meeting additional nominations will be considered and voted on by the HOA.

8. Foreclosure of Lot 8  Larry informed the Board that Lot 8 is in foreclosure. Larry will talk with Jeff Pantier to see how easy/complicated the lien process may be to try and collect past HOA dues on this lot. This item will be revisited at a later date.

9. Gate Programming  It was decided that once the 2015-2016 Board of Directors is appointed, a date/time will be setup with Ryan Cuoio to cross-train at least (2) Board Members on the Gate System. The newly elected Secretary will head up this effort.

 10. School Bus Stop  Kelly updated everyone on the request to have the school bus come through the development to pick-up and drop-off kids. Kelly’s goal is to meet with the district prior to the March 5 meeting to be able to provide a current update to the HOA.

11. Weed / Lawn Mowing Contracts  Bill will talk with Mike Costello about obtaining competitive bids for the HOA.

12. Maintenance of Website, Email Lists, etc.  Larry again expressed the need to move the HOA contact list from an Excel spreadsheet to an on-line list that homeowner’s themselves can update on a regular basis. The Board is in agreement this needs to happen and will accomplish this after elections. In addition, the HOA Website will need a Board of Director to maintain going forward. This will also be addressed after elections

13. Dana to put together a draft agenda for the Annual Meeting and provide to Board for review before published to Homeowners.

14. Cleaning of the roads – Request will be made to ensure mud and rocks stay off the road.

Larry Ganders, President
Larry's E-mail

Bill Hanson, Vice President
Bill's E-mail


Dana Townsend, Secretary
Dana's E-mail

Kelly Gregerson, Director
Kelly's E-mail






2014 Board of Directors
Fox Hill Homeowner’s Association
Officers Meeting
Minutes by Dana Townsend, Secretary
Oct. 1, 2014

Meeting attendance: President, Larry Ganders; Vice President, Bill Hanson; Treasurer, Sonya Ybarra, Director, Kelly Gregerson; and Secretary, Dana Townsend.

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. Treasurer's Report

 
a. Lot 30 has sold and the past dues (lien) were paid in the amount of $2,451, which the Officers decided brings the balance current with no more money due. Dana will draft an email for Sonya to send to these neighbors stating they’re paid in full.

 b. Sonya reviewed the budget with officers, everything is on track and within budget for 2014.

 c. Officers agreed that budget for next year will be discussed in detail at the annual HOA meeting (expense reductions, expense increases).


 2. Homeowners Roster

Dana to provide Larry an up-to-date HOA list. Larry recommends Constant Contact to use going forward to maintain and manage the HOA Contact list. He believes the cost is approximately $15/month. Officers to think about and decide.

3. Greenbelt and 40-acre parcel issues

80 acres (2 lots) owned by a woman in Seattle and one of them will soon be for sale. The issue is that she contacted Larry to say her realtor said it appeared that someone had downed trees on her property. Kelly clarified that the trees she’s referencing were already fallen and a path had been created by neighbors that walk back there. She doesn’t mind people being on the property, but she doesn’t want people changing or cutting down the trees/property. Larry requested she craft an email and Larry will distribute it for her to our Fox Hill neighbors.

 4. Maintenance of front gate area

Discussion around maintenance of the front yard area.

 5. Park Irrigation System

 
Irrigation system is still not fixed. Larry’s recommendation is to borrow power from one of the side neighbors to control an automated irrigation system. Mike Costello has volunteered to accommodate this and the Association will repay the Costello’s for power usage. The sprinkler valves are no longer made and the controllers are becoming harder and harder to find. This item will be added to the HOA Annual meeting budget discussion.

6. Weed mowing for 2015

 Larry’s requesting we get several different bids for this including neighbors who are interested in providing this service. Sonya will request bids and run with this item.

 7. ACC Issues Including Wall Structures

 Larry did a lot of research on this topic and the issue resides at the newly built house across from the park. Todd Hanson and an engineer put together a spec of the wall and the County determined that back wall wasn’t built properly and have issued some mandatory modifications that Todd is going to implement. Larry talked to the county building inspector about Lot 11, and they said technically they made a mistake on approving the first house’s retaining wall. All final inspections will include retaining walls going forward by the county.

8. Gravel parkways 

Still being enforced - 18 months from now the grass at the edge of the road line must be below the road or 18-24” back from the road and graveled.

9. Wastewater Drainage

 
The Yard Guy wants to vacuum out the drains that run down the hill. Annual maintenance should include the vacuuming of these drains going forward. We need to get estimates as the Yard Guy seems to quote high. $2500 was placed into the budget for this possible expense.

10. School Bus Stop 

Kelly updated everyone on the request to have the school bus come through the development to pick-up and drop-off kids. Kelly’s supposed to call the district back in January, to provide a new count of kids and readdress this issue for the 2014-2015, school year. It’s proposed that there be a stop in the back of the development loop and one at front of the development and possibly one at the Stop Sign at the top of the hill. In the meantime, Dana will craft an email to homeowners reminding them to please not park on the grass and please park on the stop sign (north side) of the road. We spent a lot of money fixing sprinklers from the weight of the cars and we have plans to landscape and maybe build a monument sign. Board has asked the gate keeper to keep the gate open mornings from 8am-8:30am, and 3:30pm-4pm. Kelly to request this from Ryan. We’ve had numerous neighbors and county law enforcement officers concerned about the safety issue at the road during these times.

11. 2015 Budget Discussion

Sonya to provide 2015 budget that will be discussed and reviewed at annual HOA meeting in March 2015.

12. Other Matters

Cleaning of the roads – Daily request will be made to ensure mud and rocks stay off the road. Larry to remind Todd of this daily need.


Larry Ganders, President
Larry's E-mail

Bill Hanson, Vice President
Bill's E-mail


Sonya Ybarra, Treasurer
Sonya's E-mail


Dana Townsend, Secretary
Dana's E-mail

Kelly Gregerson, Director
Kelly's E-mail






2014 Board of Directors
Fox Hill Homeowner’s Association
Officers Meeting
Minutes by Dana Townsend, Secretary
April 9, 2014

Meeting attendance: President, Larry Ganders; Vice President, Bill Hanson; Treasurer, Sonya Ybarra, Director, Kelly Gregerson; and Secretary, Dana Townsend.

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. March 6, Meeting Review
— Larry quickly reviewed items from the annual HOA meeting in March. Any items that were of concern were discussed and assigned “owners” to follow-up.

2. ACC Membership / Committee Appointment
 Committee members were appointed: Larry Ganders, John Stockman, Dana Townsend, Bill Hanson, and Kelly Gregerson.

3. Bylaws Changed
 Larry proposed a change to the HOA Bylaws with regards to the percentage of homeowners needed in attendance at annual meetings to proceed with elections and voting. Current Bylaws read that 2/3 of homeowners must be in attendance to proceed with elections. The Board discussed and voted to change that to 30% quorum at all future HOA meetings. (Homeowners approval required) This will be relayed to all homeowners to consider at the March 2015 meeting.

4. Bus Stop Concerns
The Board discussed the growing safety concerns with the increased numbers of children and neighbors who wait outside the front gate for daily bus pick-up/drop-off. Because of this concern, Kelly will contact the Tumwater School District to discuss the possibility of the bus picking-up/dropping-off inside the development.

5.  Propane
 Larry discussed the idea of unified propane purchase/distribution within Fox Hill. Many homeowners use various suppliers and the discussion of greatly discounted pricing and efficiency were shared. At this time, the Board decided this isn’t something we want to take on, but can propose the idea to homeowners at the next annual meeting to see about interest.

6. Sealant on road
Some homeowners have expressed concern about a crack in the road (close to the park area). Kelly will further investigate and let the Board know of any damage. Larry also brought up the fact that the road will require additional sealant at the gate “trigger” area. Pete Townsend has 2 buckets of sealant that can be applied as needed (and weather permitting) during our Neighborhood Clean-up Day on April 26.

7. Miscellaneous

a. Speed Limit and Signs
 Dana expressed great concern about the number of speeding cars in the neighborhood. The Board agreed that Dana will send a “gentle reminder” email to the homeowners reminding them of the 25mph speed limit. In addition, Dana will research cost on obtaining 6-8 neighborhood speed limit signs.

b. Alteration to drainage/ditches
 Bill expressed concern and asked for further clarification on the grass-line along the asphalt drainage concerns. Discussion was held, it was determined that if the grass is below the asphalt level nothing more needed to be done. However, if grass level is above the asphalt level, it needed to be brought down or back 18-24” and filled with gravel. Bill also mentioned that neighbor Walt is looking at renting a grass cutter and invited others to contribute and utilize the grass cutter if they’d like to. Kelly discussed his neighbor’s desire to create a culvert that would connect into Kelly’s drainage ditch. Larry updated the Board that the previous ACC committee approved this with the requirement that the HOA could require the homeowner to professionally clean the culvert at any time.

c. Neighborhood Contact List
Dana voiced her desire to publish the neighborhood Contact List to all neighbors. The Board discussed the fact that some neighbors will not want to do this so an “opt in” decision was made. For those neighbors who would like to have a neighborhood Contact List, they will need to “opt in” and Dana will create and distribute to them specifically. This list is not be used for solicitation or any for any other purpose outside of the Fox Hill neighborhood.

9. Gatekeeper
Kelly will take over the “Gatekeeper” responsibilities from Ryan Cuoio. In addition, Larry and or Bill will also be trained as back-ups.

Take Away Items:
1. Dana to draft an email to Homeowners asking them to “opt in” on Contact List (specifying list is only to be used for internal neighborhood contacts, no soliciting, etc). Once Contact List is confirmed, Dana will distribute to those neighbors participating.

2. Kelly to contact Tumwater School District to discuss school bus pick-up/drop-off within neighborhood rather than outside front gate.

3. Kelly to investigate crack in road and need for possible sealant.

4. Dana to send reminder email to Homeowners regarding the April 26, Neighborhood/Community Clean-up Day.

5. Sonya to schedule Bark delivery for April 26, Neighborhood/Community Clean-up Day.



Larry Ganders, President
Larry's E-mail

Bill Hanson, Vice President
Bill's E-mail


Sonya Ybarra, Treasurer
Sonya's E-mail


Dana Townsend, Secretary
Dana's E-mail

Kelly Gregerson, Director
Kelly's E-mail


Rainier Road at Spurgeon Creek Road, Feb 2014

Rainier Road at Spurgeon Creek Road
February 2014



Fox Hill Homeowners Association
Website is maintained by Larry Ganders
Contact Us